I never get tired of saying that I love skin care products, especially if they are natural. Even better if they are 100% organic. Until now, I never thought skin care could be “living”. Raw Gaia has been using raw organic ingredients in their skin care line since 2006.
You probably already read that I am obsessed with everything coconut. Thus for my review, I chose the Organic Cold-Pressed Coconut Butter
(it’s body butter & hair conditioner). The product comes in a glass jar and as you probably know – glass is the best container for everything (I also always reuse them afterwards). When I opened it, I was surprised to find that the coconut butter was solidified and it also smelled like actual coconut, not the famous tanning lotion scent. It reminded me of the real organic coconut oil I’ve used for cooking. Since trying the real coconut oil as hair conditioner didn’t go too well for me (it left my hair super greasy), I was kind of skeptical towards this product at first.
Putting everything aside, I tested it out as hair conditioner. I found that it wasn’t nearly as greasy as real coconut oil. After I dried my hair, while it was still somewhat greasy – it was manageable (I did shampoo-conditioner-shampoo). I was surprised to find that my hair turned out with a healthy shine and more importantly almost no frizz! That is awesome for me as I’ve tried so many commercial “frizz-free” products and none of them ever worked!
I also tried the Coconut Butter as a body moisturizer. Because it’s an oil base, it’s super easy to spread on the skin and you don’t need to use much. I love cream bases too, but you end up using a great amount it, because it doesn’t spread as easily. My skin felt absolutely amazing and all day smelled like actual coconut.
I was skeptical at first, but I ended up loving absolutely everything about this product. The main tip when using coconut butter is – use a tiny amount for a hair conditioner and don’t overdo on the body as well.
Interesting Raw Gaia Facts
- Raw Gaia is the world’s first range of living organic skin care products and organic beauty products.
- Raw Gaia products are hand-made using only cold-pressed, organic, vegan, cruelty- and chemical-free ingredients.
- Raw Gaia products are free of petrochemicals, artificial colourants and parfums, glycols, lauryl sulphates, parabens, preservatives, synthetic additives, bulking agents or hidden ingredients.
- Main benefit of a raw, living skin care product is that your body nourishes from the existing life force of the ingredients. In contrast, subjecting to high temperatures destroy most of this living energy.
- Raw ingredients provide additional benefits to the skin through their: Antioxidants, Minerals, Vitamins & Omega 6 Fatty Acids.
- Raw Gaia charges actual shipping costs.
One lucky winner will receive Organic Cold-Pressed Coconut Butter
How to enter:
- Leave your e-mail address in every comment or make it visible in Blogger
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- visit Raw Gaia and tell your favorite product by name (besides what I’ve mentioned)
- follow my blog publicly via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via RSS reader
- subscribe via e-mail
- add me as a friend on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- like My Secret Home on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- like Raw Gaia on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter (leave your twitter name)
- follow Raw Gaia on Twitter (leave your twitter name)
- tweet (1 time per day) - #Giveaway – Raw Gaia Organic Coconut Body Butter – Open Worldwide Ends 12/27 http://bit.ly/hMqLTA (leave direct link)
- grab my button (tell me where I can find it)
- grab my Gift Guide button (tell me where I can find it)
This giveaway is open WORLDWIDE and will end on December 27, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be determined randomly via random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion. I am in no way responsible for shipping of the prize.