We are all aware now of how much damage plastic has done to Earth. If you are not aware yet, I don’t know where you have been hiding all this time! I try to recycle as much as I can. I’m blessed to have recycling bins in the building where I live. They make it easier for people to separate their containers from the the rest of the garbage. I’ve cut out as much plastic as I can and have switched to reusable bags, bottles, containers, etc. Are you ready to read about the next big reusable thing? Then let’s get to it :)
Sure I’ve cut out plastic bottles and shopping bags from my life, but I’m still guilty of using plastic snack bags! I’ve tried using snack containers, but I hate that once you’re done your snacks, you are stuck with a bulky container. I imagine that most of us carry reusable bottles, so anything in addition is an unneeded extra weight. So to this day, I’ve been using plastic snack bags, because they are easy to bring along and can be tossed afterwards.
I’ve been eyeing ReUsies
for a while now and I’ve finally got a chance to review their product. I received a reusable sandwich and snack bags in a Toadstool print. When I got my snack bags, I was surprised how big they were, I imagined them a lot smaller. But when you actually start to stuff them with food, they don’t seem big anymore and fit sandwiches and snacks perfectly. So far, I’ve been using the snack bag daily as it is big enough for mine and my son’s snacks. At first I was only stuffing it with safe dry snacks, but as I got comfortable with carrying it around in my bag, I started putting wet things like baby carrots in. Just to see if the wetness would leak through material, I left the bag lying around for hours. It stayed completely dry on the outside!
It’s super easy to use the ReUsies
and after you’ve finished your snack, they won’t take up any space in your bag. It’s also very easy to clean them. They’re washer & dishwasher safe, but I’ve been just washing them in the sink and letting them air dry on the dish rack. For a quick clean, I just wipe the plastic-like material on the inside with a damp cloth.
I love my ReUsies
. They are hip, cool and eco-friendly!
Interesting ReUsies Facts
- ReUsies are made in Seattle, Washington.
- Each bag has the potential to eliminate hundreds of plastic bags.
- ReUsies are 100% cotton, lined with water-resistant 100% nylon (BPA, Lead and Phthalate free).
- They come with Velcro closures that are kid-friendly and ensure that the food won’t fall out.
- Snack bags is 6”w/5”h (half a sandwich size) and Sandwich bag is 7.5”w/6”h (whole sandwich size)
- ReUsies can be machine washed and dried, washed in the dishwasher, or for longest life simply wiped clean with a soapy sponge and air dried.
- Snack bags retail for $6.95 and sandwich bags are $8.95
- Shipping is FREE for US and Canada when you buy 4 or more bags.
One lucky winner will receive a ReUsies Snack & Sandwich bags ($15.90 value)
How to enter:
- Leave your e-mail address in every comment or make it visible in Blogger
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- visit ReUsies and let me know what your favourite print is (by name)
- follow my blog publicly via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via RSS reader
- subscribe via e-mail
- add me as a friend on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- like My Secret Home on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- like ReUsies on Facebook (leave first name and initial)
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter (leave your twitter name)
- follow ReUsies on Twitter (leave your twitter name)
- tweet (1 time per day) - #Giveaway – ReUsies Snack & Sandwich Bags US&CAN Ends 12/15 http://bit.ly/f7sv5P (leave direct link)
- grab my button (tell me where I can find it)
- grab my Gift Guide button (tell me where I can find it)
This giveaway is open to residents of USA & CANADA and will end on December 15, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be determined randomly via random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion. I am in no way responsible for shipping of the prize.