I’m really loving natural mineral makeup
these days. There are endless possibilities when it comes to colors and they are brighter and and more sparkly than any of you drugstore brands. I don’t even have to mention the fact that they are also better for you, because they contain no cancer-causing chemicals. I had the pleasure to review some products from Everyday Minerals
and they sent me a great variety to try out and share with you.
- “A wearable pink shade to add just a hint of color to your blushing cheeks.”
I don’t have too much experience with blush, but wanted to try it out and see what effect it would have on my face. I got a natural looking “Restful” shade blush from their new arrivals section. It comes in a huge sifter container. What I love about this container is that the sifter part has a rotating cover over it, that way the blush doesn’t spill out into the lid. I don’t have a special blush brush or anything, but I have a small bronzer brush. I did what they always show on TV tutorials – smiled and applied blush to the cheek parts that were sticking out. It was super easy to apply and looked very nice! I was surprised to see that I didn’t look like a Barbie doll or anything. I just has some extra color on my cheeks and it made my face glow. Loving the blush!
High Tea Traders Lip Balm
– “Divine scents of Natural & organic Chamomile Essential Oil, Lemon Essential Oil, and a lip-loving 15% organic Shea Butter.”
The lip balm tastes like a sweet lemon candy. I love the sweet subtle taste, but not so much the texture. I found it too mushy, almost creamy. When I sweep it across my lips it too much off it comes off. However I’ve found a solution, I’ve just been using my fingertip to apply it, that way I don’t get too much on. I love that it’s 100% natural and has real chamomile, lemon and Shea butter. And not that this affects quality or anything, but I’m finding the images on the cover super cute! It’s got a girl on an elephant surrounded by chamomiles :)
– I received 3 random colors of eye shadows. Definitely not the colors I would ever buy or even look at. BUT, they all ended up working great for my eyes! I used to be terrified of dark eye shadows, but that’s changed now. “In the Garden
” from pearls eyes series has a brownish tone and can be used as a full eye shadow or an eye liner. “Concentrate
” from shimmer eyes series is grayish and can also be used both ways. “Still Moments
” also from shimmer series is a very light gray-white shade. It is one of those multipurpose shades which can be used as a highlighter with practically any other colors. I usually wear pink or purple shades and the light gray works very nice with both.
I couldn’t tell the difference between pearl and shimmer series. Both are very sparkly and very bright. I love bright sparkly colors so these eye shadows work great for me. Colors and sparkles stay on all day, don’t fade and don’t smudge. I’m very impressed with all my new eye shadows and would love to check out more of the shades.
Everyday Minerals carries a variety of all things makeup and also skin care. My favorite section to browse is collections
. I love gift sets and they have some nice kits and eye shadow palettes. The make up kits are now on sale for only $20 (regular price $60.50)!
They also have different promos every week. With a $25 purchase you can get free extras. As well as free
sample kits of face powders and $5 for each extra one. And they each contain 5 mini jars. I love their specials! It’s perfect when you are buying online, since you can’t try on the colors on the spot.
If you are not sure about shades or don’t need a full size, they offer sample/travel size and from what I’ve read in other review, these will actually also last you a long time. $4.50 for a travel size eye shadow in an actual container (not a plastic baggy) sounds like a steal!
One lucky winner will receive a blush, eye shadow and lip balm
in their choice of color (ARV $21)
How to enter:
- Leave your e-mail address in every comment or make it visible in Blogger
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- For Facebook entries leave your first name and initial; for Twitter entries leave your Twitter name
- visit Everyday Minerals and tell me 2 eye shadows you would like to try (by name & besides what I’ve reviewed).
- follow My Secret Home publicly via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via e-mail & confirm (2 entries)
- subscribe via RSS reader
- add me as a friend on Facebook
- like My Secret Home on Facebook
- like Everyday Minerals on Facebook
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter
- tweet (1 time per day) - #Win a blush, lip balm & mineral eye shadow from Everyday Minerals US&CAN Ends 2/27 #Giveaway @mysecrethome http://bit.ly/fAjK5t (leave direct link)
- grab my button & tell me where I can find it
This giveaway is open to residents of USA & CANADA and will end on February 27, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be determined randomly via random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion. I am in no way responsible for shipping of the prize.