Who doesn’t love toys? Well actually my kid didn’t really pay any attention to them until recently. Now that he’s nearing the 2 year old mark (although it seems like he’s already in the terrible twos), he’s finally starting to spend some time with his toy box. Our toy collection is pretty small, but I don’t particularly think that kids need hundreds of toys. We’ve got some blocks, cars and lots of stuffed animals (most of which
are were mine). I choose eco-friendly toys when available to prevent my son from pthalates (which disrupt hormones) and lead (which is poisonous). I don’t know how your stores are, but almost no place around me sells any green toys. Thus Internet is always a great option for shopping!
Eko Bear toys is a mom-owned Canadian company which specializes in eco-friendly toys
. From biodegradable toys, toys made from recycled materials, toys made with sustainability in mind and just as importantly made with colors that are safe for our little ones as well as our planet.
They are always adding new products and currently have 14 brands featured in their online store. You can find anything from stacking toys to dollhouses, teething toys, puzzles and many more. This store is any kid’s (and mine) paradise.
The choices are unlimited and I had to think about what I wanted to review. I’ve noticed that when we are browsing through the toy sections, the little guy always goes for some kind of a pull along toy. I found that Eko Bear store has toys categorized by age, brands and categories. I clicked on the Push & Pull Toys
and chose what I thought would be the most appropriate toy for my son’s age. I got the EverEarth Pull Along Dog
for 18 months+ which looked incredibly cute. I learned that it’s made with wood from renewable forests as well as recycled rubber wood. Colored with water based, non toxic and kid safe paints and packaging is made with recycled corrugate and printed with soy ink.
My little guy of course couldn’t wait for me to open the toy box. The dog is actually really cute and wiggles its body and tail when you pull it. It’s made with a very sturdy wooden material. I only have one problem with this toy – the string is really short. You can only pull it while sitting on the floor. I’ve been meaning to attach a longer string to it, but still haven’t found anything appropriate at home. The little guy plays with the dog like if it were a car, making the driving noises. Happy baby means a happy mommy!
The Pull Along Dog retails for $11.95. Shipping to Canada starts at only $7 and to US at $18. Eko Bear also has a special offers section with discounted toys.
One lucky winner will receive any one toy of their choice up to $30 value
(shipping covered by the sponsor)
How to enter:
- Leave your e-mail address in every comment or make it visible in Blogger
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- For Facebook entries leave your first name and initial; for Twitter entries leave your Twitter name
- visit EkoBear and tell me which toy you would choose if you won (by name & besides what I’ve reviewed)
- follow My Secret Home publicly via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via e-mail & confirm (2 entries)
- subscribe to Eko Bear‘s newsletter (located top right) (2 entries)
- subscribe via RSS reader
- add me as a friend on Facebook
- like My Secret Home on Facebook
- like Eko Bear on Facebook
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter
- follow Eko Bear on Twitter
- tweet (1 time per day) - #Win any eco-friendly toy up to $30 value from EkoBear | US&CAN Ends 3/17 #Giveaway @mysecrethome http://bit.ly/eHkItq (leave direct link)
- grab my button & tell me where I can find it
This giveaway is open to residents of USA & CANADA and will end on March 17, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. The winner will be determined randomly via random.org. The winner will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation to write this post. I received a free product mentioned above in order to provide my honest opinion. I am in no way responsible for shipping of the prize.