Most people (myself included) stereotypically assume that accessories are just for girls. Turns out, that accessories are not just for adding something extra to your look. Some can really be necessary for a smooth a daily life. Because I have a boy, I didn’t think I’d ever have to worry about accessories. My opinion changed when I realized that he’s gonna soon grow out of the 3 pairs of new jeans he has lying in the closet. They fit great everywhere, but the waist. They are way too wide to the point that they won’t stay on. That’s when I realized that he badly needs a belt.
Bugalug was on the top of my list to look for boys belts. It is a mom lead Canadian company which specialized in baby and kids accessories. All their products are mom-made in Canada, non-toxic and lead free and feature their top quality designs. Their line consists of girls hair accessories, cinch clips, soother savers and belts for all ages and genders (including moms!).
Bugalug was kind enough to send me a boys belt and a boys cuff for review. Little guy got a medium Skull Bursts belt and a matching Skull cuff. I’m not really a skull girl and I wasn’t sure about the design until my husband came home. His exact words were, “That is too cute! Skulls are so in right now.” Well, what would a girl know about boys stuff? Leave it up to the guys, right? :)
This belt is actually reversible and also features a checkered pattern. It’s got a built-in elastic and a simple snap closure. The medium size is supposed to fit ages 12 months to 3 years. My boy is 23 months and the belt is just the right size without the elastic being stretched at all. I can see it lasting longer than another year. It is super easy to put on and it does a great job of holding his jeans up. I couldn’t have asked for a better belt!
The cuff is a cute extra accessory if you want your kid to stand out a little bit. Little guy is too young to know what it’s for. He’ll ask me to put it on and he’ll take it right off and then ask me to put it on again. It’s a never ending game for him. Hopefully when he’s a bit older, he’ll realize that he looks cool and will just leave the poor cuff on.
I’m very happy with the Bugalug products I received. The belt has proven to be very convenient as we’ve been using it every time we go out. If your little one needs a belt or cute accessories, look no further than Bugalug. I can only imagine how fun it would be to accessorize a little girl with cute headbands and pony loops. Belts retail for $18 and cuffs are $10. It is a bit pricey, but you are paying for a Canadian-made item which will last you a long time. Shipping to Canada starts at $2.50 and to US at $3.50.
One lucky winner will receive a $25 Gift Certificate to Bugalug
How to enter:
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- Leave a valid e-mail address in the form, no need to also write it in the comments
- For Facebook entries – “Like” with you personal profile (not a page) and leave your first name and initial
- For Twitter entries – leave your Twitter username
- visit Bugalug and tell me which accessory is your favorite (by name & besides what I’ve mentioned)
- follow My Secret Home via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via e-mail & confirm (2 entries)
- subscribe via RSS reader
- add me as a friend on Facebook
- like My Secret Home on Facebook
- like Bugalug on Facebook
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter
- follow Bugalug on Twitter
- tweet (1 time per day & leave direct link) - #Win a $25GC to Bugalug Kids Accessories | US&CAN Ends 5/23 #Giveaway @mysecrethome http://www.mysecrethome.com/?p=928
- grab my button & tell me where I can find it