The world is finally starting to move towards everything reusable and recyclable. I see more and more people using reusable bottles and reusable shopping bags. But what about other stuff which isn’t as commercially advertised at the moment? There are a ton of reusable choices beyond bottles and bags. How about snack and sandwich bags?
Planet Wise is a family owned company led by a mom and dad just like you and I. They wanted to reduce our environmental impact and created their signature Planet Wise Wet Bags to store and transport cloth diapers, swimwear, gym wear and other wet gear. They try to use as many USA-made materials as possible and further manufacture their products in USA. All of their products are PVC-free and lead-free.
Planet Wise sent me a couple products from their recently developed Bag Your Snack line. I received a Snack Bag, Window Bag and Sandwich Wrap (they also have a Sandwich Bag). All their designs are very bright and colorful. You could get a matching set of all bags or get different ones in your favorite prints like I did.
We take a lot of snacks on the go for my son. Snacks are crucial for him to keep his blood sugar stable. At first, to make it easier on myself, I went searching for individually wrapped crackers and cookies, but found nothing except complete junk foods. All healthier snacks come in big boxes and need to be portioned out. I very rarely use plastic snack bags, instead I use a plastic container, but it is sometimes troublesome finding a space for it in my tiny “diaper bag” (my diaper bag is a small reusable cloth bag). And once the snack is eaten, I am stuck with an extra item to carry. Planet Wise bags are very convenient for taking snacks out. You can put anything inside like baby carrots, dry cereal or a whole sandwich. They have a plastic-like lining inside, which can easily be wiped (or hand-washed). And they close with long Velcro strips which prevent your food from spilling out from the bags.
The Snack Bag is small which works great for me as I only bring little servings of baby snacks or cookies. If I didn’t know that it was a snack bag, I would’ve never guessed! It’s very cute and looks like either a pencil case, a wallet or a reading glasses holder. It can definitely be used for anything your heart desires. I’ve evened considered using it for coupons or for my little camera. I better put my imagination on hold and just use it for it’s purpose – to carry snacks!
The Window Bag is more sophisticated looking. Maybe it’s because mine came in a more serious design than the snack bag. It’s about twice the size of the snack bag and front side of it is see through. That’s a pretty neat feature, especially for kids who are sometimes too curious to know what’s inside.
The Sandwich Wrap unfolds into a big sheet. Sandwich goes in the middle and then the wrap comes around it. It’s great, because you can wrap a sandwich of any size and it will be secured well by the wrap. It can also be used as a place mat. That would’ve come in handy for me while I worked. I was always paranoid that I was eating on a dirty table. Even these days, a lot of the times when I’m out with my little guy, we sit down to enjoy a snack at a picnic table in a park or at a food court in a mall. Obviously while I am aware of the dirt and how many people have sat there before me, the little guy isn’t and he feels free to put his food right on the table. I’m glad that now I’ll have something to cover the table with.
All Planet Wise Bags are made with FDA Food Safe Material, FREE of PVC, BPA, Phthalate, Latex and Lead and are CPSIA compliant.
Some of the uses and features:
- Great alternative to plastic baggies
- Waste-free lunches
- Replaces aluminum foil & plastic wrap
- Sandwich wrap doubles as a placemat
- Bring a wet washcloth in any of the size bags for easy clean up on the go!
- Perfect size for fruit, snacks, sandwiches or leftovers
- Fun for all ages!
- Not recommended in dishwasher or microwave.
I can see little kids (and big kids like myself) going crazy over these bags and designs. I would be happy to take these to school or work, but for now I am just using these on the go. You can purchase Planet Wise Lunch Bags for $7.99 each at over 114 online retailers or find a location near you.
One lucky winner will receive a Planet Wise Snack Bag, Window Bag & Sandwich Wrap (ARV $24)
How to enter:
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- Leave a valid e-mail address in the form, no need to also write it in the comments
- For Facebook entries – “Like” with you personal profile (not a page) and leave your first name and initial
- For Twitter entries – leave your Twitter username
- like Planet Wise on Facebook with your personal profile, not a page and leave me your first name and initial
- visit Planet Wise and tell me which bag design or designs are your favorite (by name)
- follow My Secret Home via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via e-mail & confirm (2 entries)
- subscribe via RSS reader
- add me as a friend on Facebook
- like My Secret Home on Facebook
- follow My Secret Home via Networked Blogs
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter
- follow Planet Wise on Twitter
- tweet (1 time per day & leave direct link) - #Win a set of 3 reusable Snack & Sandwich Bags from Planet Wise | US&CAN Ends 5/19 #Giveaway @mysecrethome http://bit.ly/iD7Wr3
- grab my button & tell me where I can find it