What happened to the days when we had to write everything manually? It used be cool to have cool stationery and notepads in school. Now all everyone cares about are the electronics. I love electronics, but I still love my stationery too! I actually can’t wait for my son to start school so I can do some back-to-school shopping!
I used to write for hours using just a pen and a notebook. Now, since we live in the age of electronics, it’s not very often when I have to write too much. But when I do, oh my does my hand start to hurt! It’s actually kind of sad that it’s the way things are these days.
I had the opportunity to try out an ergonomic pen made by UGLee Pen. This pen is supposted to provide ultimate comfort. The shape and the contour were engineered to follow the anatomy of the hand. Instead of you gripping onto the pen, the pen grips you. The UGLee Pen comes with the smoothest ink system known. It weights only 11 grams. Less mass, means less inertia, more comfort. The UGLee pen was created by Dr. Lee who’s done a great share of writing while attending medical schools and university. No pen was comfortable enough for long-term writing so Dr. Lee created his own pen after doing a lot of research. Dr. Lee has BS in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry from Yale University and MD from Stanford University School of Medicine.
The UGLee is super light, just as promised. When you pick it up, you can hardly tell that you are holding anything. It looks ok, I personally don’t think it’s the best looking pen in the world. But I don’t think the idea here was to create a pen that wins a beauty pageant, but to create a pen which is super comfortable to write with. I also think this pen is more suited for girls as the soft rubber part has sparkles in it, not sure how guys would feel about sparkles, lol. In regards to comfort, this pen rocks! It’s comfortable to hold and it’s comfortable to write with. It’s already replaced all the other pens I had on my computer desk for note writing. The tip of the pen is very thick and I’ve always preferred thick over thin. While thin writing might look a bit cleaner, it’s way more comfortable to write with a thick pen. UGLee pen really does write extra-smoothly. My hand is very happy to write with UGLee pen! And isn’t that a cool name for a pen too?
One lucky winner will receive a 3 pack of UGLee pens (RV $30)
How to enter:
- Complete the mandatory entry and leave a separate comment for each bonus entry
- Leave a valid e-mail address in the form, no need to also write it in the comments
- For Facebook entries – “Like” with you personal profile (not a page) and leave your first name and initial
- For Twitter entries – leave your Twitter username
- visit UGLee Pen and tell me something you learned there
- follow My Secret Home via Google Friend Connect
- subscribe via e-mail & confirm (2 entries)
- subscribe via RSS reader
- like My Secret Home on Facebook
- like UGLee Pen on Facebook
- follow My Secret Home on Twitter
- follow UGLee Pen on Twitter
- tweet (1 time per day & leave direct link) - #Win a 3 pack of UGLee Pens | US&CAN Ends 8/19 #Giveaway @mysecrethome http://www.mysecrethome.com/?p=2167
- grab my button & tell me where I can find it
This giveaway is open to residents of USA & CANADA and will end on August 19, 2011 at 11:59PM PST. Winner will be determined via random.org and notified via e-mail. They will have 48 hours to respond back or another winner will be chosen. One entry per household/isp.